In support of its philosophy and mission, ARTA goals are as follows:
• To enable students from diverse cultures and backgrounds to achieve
personal and professional goals.
• To provide academic programs, services, facilities, and technologies that
support student learning and contribute to students’ intellectual development
and personal growth.
• To foster the development of critical thinking and lifelong learning skills.
• To instill the importance of ethical behavior, responsibility, and professional
• To retain a diverse faculty comprised of experienced, qualified educators
with industry-current expertise.
• To guide students in preparing for and achieving future success.
To provide for the varying educational needs of a culturally diverse and geographically dispersed student body with the goal of preparing students academically, personally, and professionally for successful careers.
Teach new speaking skills that facilitate fluent speech
Reduce number and severity of accent barrier moments
Foster a proactive attitude toward improving speech production
Implement learned techniques in real-life situations
Teach a good understanding and healthy acceptance of accents
Manage stress and barriers related to accent reduction and speaking
Increase personal and professional self-confidence