*NOTE: The following schedule is for In Person Conversaid Workshops Only. The Online Teacher Training is available over a 6 week term.
Workshops for teachers combine philosophy and practice in a relaxed, supportive atmosphere. The number of workshop participants is limited so that each individual receives attention in program planning.The research-based theoretical structure and creative content of Conversaid are presented in a thoughtful, easily understood manner.
(One day 10am – 3pm)
- Experience the rich variety of voice available through Conversaid. Learn twenty-five engaging
exercises, warm-ups, and movement activities.
- Learn a new way of thinking about children and speech.
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice and speech.
- Experience an accent reduction demonstration class for young children and their caregivers. A critique following
the demonstration class points out important program practices.
- Download a workbook and mp4 of digitally recorded exercises, featuring Conversaid original
material, rhythmic patterns, and movement speech most appealing to adults and children of all ages.
- Experience all this and use it in class on Monday!
(Begins at 5pm on day One)
- Learn about the research-based Conversaid curriculum design.
- Learn how to assess children’s speech development
- Practice using child-development observation tools during the demonstration class.
- Learn classroom management techniques for – both children and caregivers – that really work!
- Learn to design lesson plans that result in classes with artistic energy and flow.
- Learn more about parent education and the importance of involving adult primary caregivers..
- Find out about starting your own licensed Conversaid location.
Sample Daily Workshop Schedule
9:00 Opening activity followed by lecture and discussion
11:00 Demonstration Class each day for children of all ages and their parents or caregivers, taught by workshop leaders or a teacher from the local area.
12:00 Discussion and critique of Demonstration Class.
1:00 Lunch (Last day includes an optional discussion of business practices and licensing information.)
2:00 Activity varies: Lesson planning, practice teaching, theoretical review, parent education strategies, songs, and movement activities.