Advanced Listening Skills Course:
This course provides effective techniques for listening to speakers and learning to listen to other speakers of culturally diverse backgrounds. Topics for participants include communicating effectively over the telephone, conference calling, using a microphone, throwing your voice, increasing intonation and voice dynamic.
In this course participants within your organization can gain valuable insights into how to best handle customer questions and objections over the phone.
If your Sales, Marketing, IT or other departments are commonly presenting and selling products or services over the telephone, then this course will focus on sharpening these skills for increased customer acquisition to foreign born professionalsin a business setting.
Presenting Over the Phone:
• Understand American idioms
• Practical vocal dynamic exercises.
• Develop a louder or deeper voice range.
• Improve tone, support and placement; speak with confidence.
• Denote how style effects the voice and our image before an audience.
• Maintain effective and ineffective vocal interaction and how to engage others.
• Manage anxiety and voice tension when communicating.
The Reading of Text
• Examine the use of emotion when reading and analyzing texts.
• Improve articulation and clarity while using a microphone.
• Understand rhythm and pacing and how it affects listening.
• Inject inspiration and realism into conversations.
Delivery of language
• Work on American intonation (if necessary) and use of vocal appeal in presentations.
• Invest and commit yourself to superior and your audiences ear for imperfections.
• Present, practice and receive critique.
This course can be taken in a 1 or 2 day workshop.